You will need a relatively recent version of Node.js, as well as mpv (
apt install mpv and the like work fine).
# Please do note --recursive. It clones git submodules.
git clone --recursive https://git.ed1.club/florrie/mtui.git # Or https://notabug.org/towerofnix/mtui.git
npm link # Or sudo npm link
mtui # Or node .
Add music to the
~/Music folder to make it show up in mtui, or pass
playlist.json file (usually generated by http-music or downloaded from online).
Bugs or ideas?
Feel free and encouraged to report any bugs (unexpected behavior or crashes) to the issue tracker on NotABug.org!
You're also welcome to share any ideas, suggestions, and questions through there.
- Ctrl+C: exit
- Up, Down: select previous or next item in a listing
- Tab, Shift+Tab: switch between UI elements
- g/G, Home/End: move to the first and last item in a listing
- [: focus the main track/group listing
- ]: focus the queue listing
- Enter: play the selected track
- Ctrl+Up, p: play previous track
- Ctrl+Down, n: play next track
- Shift+Up/Down or drag: select multiple items at once
- Space: toggle pause
- Escape: stop playing the current track
- l: toggle track loop
- Right: seek ahead
- Left: seek back
- m, f: open a menu of actions related to the selected track/group/item(s)
- v, V: increase and decrease playback volume
- Ctrl+F or /: jump to a track or group by entering (part of) its name
- Ctrl+O: open a playlist from a source (like a /path/to/a/folder or a YouTube playlist URL) (you can also just pass this source to
- t, T: switch between playlist tabs
- Ctrl+T: open the current playlist in a new tab (so, clone the current tab)
- Ctrl+W: close the current tab
- In the main listing:
- Enter: if the selected item is a group, enter it; if it's a track, play it
- Backspace: leave the current group (if in one)
- q: queue the selected track or group to play after the track which is selected in the queue
- d: download the selected track (but don't play it)
- In the queue listing:
- s: shuffle the queue
- c: clear the queue
- x: remove the selected track from the queue
- Ctrl+L: jump to the track that's currently playing
- In path displays: (Path displays are the things that show below the main and queue listings. They show the path of groups to the selected item in the listing.)
- Enter, Space: view the selected item in the main listing
- Left, Right: navigate the path display
- In a context menu:
- All the usual controls (up, down, tab, space, enter) work
- Backspace or Escape: close the menu without taking any action
- Type the beginning of the name of an option, like its first letter, to quickly jump to it
- With a number pad:
- Should be in NumLock!
- 2, 4, 6, 8: cursor keys (down/left/right/up)
- 5: pause (and any action that would take the space bar)
- 7, 9: focus main track/group, queue listings
- /, *: decrease, increase playback volume
- .: back (and any action that would take backspace)
- +: open a context menu
- 1, 3: skip to previous, next track