- This is a distribution of a preprocessor, lbl, for nroff and its
- kindred. Lbl allows you to give symbolic labels to objects in a text
- file which belong in numbered sequences (e.g. chapters, figures,
- tables, equations) and to refer to them by name; sequence numbers are
- assigned automatically. Hence, it is unnecessary to adjust all
- cross-references every time that a new item is inserted into the middle
- of a sequence.
- Multi-level sequences are supported (similar to the multi-level section
- numbers in many macro packages); the user has control over the format
- of each level of sequence numbers (roman, arabic, letters). Many
- independent sequences may be used simultaneously, limited only by the
- memory available to the program; the same name may be used for items in
- several sequences.
- The program was written by Chris Miller at Heriot-Watt University,
- Edinburgh. Please report bugs, portability problems or ideas for
- improvements to email@example.com ( ....!mcvax!ukc!kcl-cs!hwcs!chris if
- you need to be more explicit in your mail path).
- As indicated in the attached NOTICE, you are free to pass this to
- anyone else; it contains NO code restricted under proprietary
- agreements. If you make alterations, please (a) inform the author and
- (b) mark the emendations to the original distribution clearly
- (preferably through conditional compilation) -- I desire neither praise
- for your brilliance nor scorn for your incompetence!