Halcyon for Mastodon and Pleroma
A webclient for Mastodon and Pleroma which looks like Twitter
The original author of this genius piece of software was inactive for a while and then shut down his demo instance and deleted this repository. I love Halcyon, it's the thing which makes Mastodon the best social network in the world. I took the code from the Halcyon fork of cybre.space which still works but doesn't seem to get updates, too. I uploaded it here to make the original link work again and don't link into the big nothing. I'm working on much other stuff, too, therefore I won't use my whole free time to work on Halcyon. But I try to do as much as possible here.
Follow our Mastodon account and never miss an important update: @firstname.lastname@example.org
We moved our instances list to a wiki page: https://notabug.org/halcyon-suite/halcyon/wiki/Instances
Help us translating Halcyon into many languages
- Twitter like UI, familiar interface.
- Able to use on all instances.
- No tracking, No ads.
- Supports multiple languages
Read our new wiki pages: https://notabug.org/halcyon-suite/halcyon/wiki
- Release of Version 2.1.2 - Added toot to @someone button to profiles,remove blocked and muted people from who to follow,improved German translation
- Release of Version 2.1.1 - Profile settings can be changed again,fixed various Firefox-only bugs,Removed error if browser sends no language
- Release of Version 2.1.0 - Introducing lists and more
- Release of Version 2.0.2 - Added dark theme,improved Japanese translation,added Galician translation,links to posts open in Halcyon now,smaller screens supported
- Release of Version 2.0.1 - Added the languages Polish,Japanese and Korean,fixed many bugs,automatically mention all participants of discussions
- Release of Version 2.0.0 - The biggest changes in detail
- Release of Version 1.2.5 - Copy links with one click,emojicodes now always detected,streaming in hashtag search,delete event now supported
- Release of Version 1.2.4 - Updated Twemoji,custom emojis in names and bios,links to profiles in pleroma now always work,pinned posts now supported
- Release of Version 1.2.3 - All emojis do now work,fixed some bugs in the Nginx example config,fixed Windows-only design bug,improved text field performance
- Release of Version 1.2.2 - Added an emoji picker,improved performance (emoji rendering),desktop notifications on notifications page work now
- Release of Version 1.2.1 - New who to follow page with more recommendations,bugfix at search,profiles now ignore "show replies" setting,small login page changes
- Release of Version 1.2.0 - The next big step and a view into future
- Our move from Github to NotABug
- Release of Version 1.1.7 - Fixed some bugs in compatibility with Pleroma,text fields now autoresizable,stopped undefined socket tries on profile pages
- Release of Version 1.1.6 - Complete rewrite of the "who to follow" function using an API - Change of config.ini needed!
- Release of Version 1.1.5 - Introduced the new Idempotency-Key Header and fixed an bug allowing XSS with the display name
- Release of Version 1.1.4 - Automatically reconnect on bad connection,now supports desktop notifications,added ... at the end of shortened links
- Release of Version 1.1.3 - New function link previews introduced and bug when replying an toot which already has replies below it fixed (reply to undefined)
- Release of Version 1.1.2 - Privacy modes are now correctly displayed and used for replies,use username if display name doesn't exist,bugs on search page fixed
- Release of Version 1.1.1 - Fixed error 404 when viewing profile of own instance,numbers below profile on the left do now change during session,added nginx config
- Release of Version 1.1.0 and upcoming features
- Release of Version 1.0.3 - "Who to follow" doesn't show people you already follow anymore and design of preferences and search bar is now much better
- Release of Version 1.0.2 - Fixed a Firefox-only bug and some wrong links, added version info and an annoying cookie notice (sorry, but that's EU law)
- Release of Version 1.0.1 - Two bugfixes
- Release of Version 1.0.0