2021-05-23 version 0.8.1
- fixed a regression that made the program crash when adding an
attachment to a post.
2021-05-23 version 0.8.0
- New features
- Added a table of contents (TOC) window when a gemini stream is completed.
The TOC is auto-generated from header lines contained in the gemini text;
- the position and width of the notification window is now customizable by
users using configuration files.
- prevented rendering gemini files in the message window when a toot
- fixed parsing of quoted lines, an empty line can be a valid quote.
- recognized gemlog's subtitle (if presents);
- if VISUAL or EDITOR contains invalid editor's path and no
editor is specified in the configuration file print an error
instead of jump to the debugger.
- When the user try to authenticate the program on a server a
success message is returned on the browser (thanks op!).
- do not load configuration files if command line options '-h'
or '-v' are used;
- if no editor is specified in the config file the program look
for values of environment variables EDITOR or VISUAL and
fallback to ed if the variables are not setted or have empty
- improved appearance of the tree of available keybindings.
2021-05-06 version 0.7.0
- New features
- added "tour mode" to save a "temporary bookmark" of links as explained here:
As an extension of the idea above the command accepts space
separated list of link index or link ranges (e.g: "5-7 1 2")
but, if a list of number is not recognized by the software, the
input from user is used as a regular expression matching either
the link name or the link URI.
- fixed crash when opening a gemini page longer than one opened
before. When user switched from a page to another shorter the
window scrolling position was not restored, pointing outside the
actual text line counts;
- Fixed bug that let users stuck in a loop when going back in
history to an URI with a redirect;
- fixed bug when creating temporary file, name was not unique;
- fixed rendering of gemini page, there was problems wrapping text;
- fixed bug that prevented to open a local file using a tilde as
an alias for $HOME
- prevented a crash when a search was started but not actually
performed because of wrong input (i.e. empty input) and the user
tried to open the link window
- Switched to a new capsule when searching geminispace
2021-04-17 version 0.6.2
- completing a command argument with strings that contains special
characters (like, for example a square bracket) no more makes
the program crash.
2021-04-16 version 0.6.1
- Connecting to gemini URI using IP address instead of hostname
should be possible now;
- Fixed formatting of preformatted lines (a bug was cutting
spaces from both ends of the line)
2021-04-15 version 0.6.0
- exploring local file system (using '-o' option and rendering
gemtext files, of course!
- added more option for choosing how to open gemini links or
pleroma attachments, tinmop or an external program can be
chosen, see the configuration file for examples;
- improved rendering of preformatted block and quoted lines of
- [gemini] users can choose to switch from showing alternate text
(if exists) instead of a preformatted text blocks (default key
for this feature is "t" when the message window got the focus);
- removed some control characters that could cause troubles when
rendering a text (thanks op and mutt people!)
- fixed incorrect rendering of matched text when searching a
string in the message window;
- opening a module (option "-M") when "-o" (open a gemini address)
option is used works now;
- rendering of gemini pages should be a bit faster, prevents the
UI from blocking and should not slow down the software when
opening long pages.
- added guix instruction for installing the software using guix;
- improved error messages when a problem with missing
configuration files occurred.
- improved program's quitting time.
- fixed IRI parsing (older version failed to parse "mailto:..."
- [pleroma] using new version of chats API, this makes this
software incompatible with old version of pleroma server (< 2.3)
- changed 'hooks:*before-prepare-for-rendering-message* with
2021-03-03 version 0.5.9
- Breaking changes
- The favicon.txt (gemini://mozz.us/files/rfc_gemini_favicon.gmi)
is now disabled by default, user can enable setting the configuration directive
'gemini.fetch.favicon' to 'yes'.
- Removed dependency on GNU AWK, any standard AWK implementation will
be able to be used by the building script 'quick_quicklisp.sh'.
2021-02-20 version 0.5.3
- The program crashed when started from the first time.
2021-02-19 version 0.5.2
- New features
- added configuration directive to use a specific program to open
a link (e.g. open all mp3 files with program mpv);
- rendering of contents in the message window is faster;
- Refactored gemini client (made more easily extensible to
accommodate changes in protocol in the future).
2021-01-21 version 0.5.1
- New features
- [gemini] added support for favicon.txt more or less as specified in
(it does render the first character of the file instead of checking
for emoji characters);
- made the text for toot's visibility level (as rendered in main window)
- fixed many problems in gemlog subscriptions;
- fixed regression: using client certificate for gemini capsules
For other bugfix, please check the changelog.
- removed dependency form libidn2.
2021-01-10 version 0.5.0
- New features
- added subscriptions to gemlog according to the following gemini
- Fixed configure scripts and several problems related to wrapping libidn2.
- Building the program from sources should not fails anymore on
debian stable and *BSD.
- it is possible to use the program as a gemini client without
configure a connection with a pleroma server;
2020-12-31 version 0.4.2
- Removed lag when scrolling the main window
- New modules
- Added a module to rewrite URLs in main and link windows.
2020-12-30 version 0.4.1
- New features
- allow repeat search on links window's items;
- updated Italian translation;
- added a command to send data to an external program.
- fixed a bug that caused a redirect loop when accessing gemini
pages with a path components of URL that terminate with a slash
2020-12-29 version 0.4.0
- New features
- added a command to repeat the last performed search;
- "new-line" (aka 'enter') key can be used to scroll main window;
- [gemini] added a command to refresh a page;
- added a module to share a gemini link on pleroma.
- added a simple script for a welcome bot.
- fixed IRI parsing and encoding/normalizing;
- fixed false positive for new message on subscribed tags;
- [gemini] fixed bug that prevented visit the same link more than
- fixed bugs that prevented following of users whit no messages in
quick_quicklisp.sh building script (thanks to Ben!).
- updated manpage.
2020-12-14 version 0.3.3
This version switched from URI to IRI to resolve DNS names.
This means that users can uses UTF-8 characters in host name when
resolving a gemini address.
This is a bugfix release that allows tinmop to compile and works
with newer SBCL compiler.
Also fixed a problem that made the user stuck if trying to quit
keeping messages marked for deletion.
Gemini browser got client authentication support.
Several improvements to the gemini browser added.
Also a bug that made the program crash when getting mentions from
the server has been fixed.
The command line switch "-m" to get notification when mentioned did
not works at all and has been fixed.
Added adding an optional mention when composing a message.
Fixed a bug that made the message composition window to disappear
before actually sending the message.
Added support for pleroma chat.
Added managing of gemini streams. A gemini window allow to abort,
rendering/opening of gemini connection while streaming.
Added a window to manage all the gemini streams opened. The user
can ispect the status o all the streams as well abort or open them.
The gemini client could now manage secret input if asked by the
Secret input here means that a placeholder character is printed on
the screen instead of the character corresponding to the key
pressed by the user (like a password input).
The gemini client fetch documents from remote server in a concurrent
way now. This way streamed contents could be accessed without
blocking the client.
Prevented a crash if an invalid regular expression is used when
searching in a message window.
This version fixes some bugs in gemini page rendering and add an
option to display the source of a page.
This version improves appearance of gemini page rendering and fixed
a bug in a command line switch.
Fixed some bugs in gemini viewer.
Corrected expansion of retooted messages.
- improved gemini navigation. It is possible to go back in a
previous viewed address or open an arbitrary URL.
- The software includes a gemini client
- Fixed bugs when fetching messages that made the program crashed.
- the downloading of messages should be faster but now some threads
do not get automatic expansions. Thread messages expansion can be
requested with a command, bound - by default- to "R".
- The software try to skips over statuses authored from an ignored user
- in the configuration file the directive
ignore users; the value of this variable should be a regular
expression that should matches the username, if a match occurs
the user is ignored.
ignore-user-regexp can be used in the configuration file to
- version 0.0.4
- Added polls voting;
- added the possibility to force expanding of a message tree;
- added optional notification of statuses mentioning the user
- many bug fixed.
Added the reset of timeline pagination from command line.
Added a window to browse the links a status contains