MadHelix is a Java Swing-based graphical frontend for SoundHelix, a program which generates music based on entered (or generated) text and plays it back. It is in an early state of development so please let me know of any issues you have with it.
How to Build
Run the ant command in the main folder and then run the generated MadHelix.jar file.
How to Use
- Once the MadHelix interface shows, it should say 'Ready' at the top. If it says anything else, regardless of whether the rest of the program works, please report it on the Issues page.
- Enter any text in the 'Song name' field and choose a style.
- Click the play button to listen to the result. SoundHelix will then load and the generated song will begin playing. If SoundHelix does not load after 30 seconds, please report it.
- MadHelix is developed by UltrasonicMadness
- SoundHelix is developed by Thomas Schürger
- The JSON library, json-simple, is developed by Yidong Fang, Chris Nokleberg and Dave Hughes
- The icons are made by the GNOME Project as part of version 3.28.0 of the Adwaita Icon Theme.
MadHelix is available under the GNU General Public License, version 3 only.