minetest mod Real Torch
Made torchs more realistic way behaviour.
This mod is named
real_torch, changes torches so that they have a life
of 20-30 minutes which is configurable using the
torch_max_duration settings. It also can be relight using coals, flint or steel, and can be affected by water.
- 2x coal lumps can be crafted into 12x coal powder
- coal powder and an unlit torch can be crafted into a lit torch again
- punching an unlit torch with coal powder relights it
- punching an unlit torch with flint & steel relights it
- punching an unlit torch with gunpowder explodes and relights it
- never punch a lit torch with gunpowder, ow!
- water near torches make them drop as unlit torches
- coal powder can also be used for fuel or crafted into black dye
This mod does not override the normal torch, so once you put a torch if
you removed the mod those will remains as normal ones if relights/lights it!
New Craft items
It added new coal, rest of torch related are just overrides for features.
- 0.1 - Initial upload
- 0.2 - Punching unlit torch with coal powder relights torch
- 0.3 - Torches are 2D and override any that are 3D
- 0.4 - Changed my mind, now detects old 2D or new 3D torches and works accordingly
- 0.5 - 2x coal lumps give 10x coal dust, also fixed check for ethereal mod
- 0.6 - Burnout and extinguish sounds added by tacotexmex :)
- 0.7 - Torches can be re-lit using flint & steel and gunpowder, settings added
- 0.8 - Updated to newer functions, requires Minetest 0.4.16 to run
- 0.9 - Use on_flood from newer 5.x functions to drop torches
- 1.0 - Tweak code and use use_texture_alpha = "clip" to stop warnings
The MIT License (MIT), Copyright (c) 2016 TenPlus1
**Sizzle sound **
CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0)
Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0)