I'm currently trying to translate MineClone2 to Russian: https://git.minetest.land/kay27/MineClone2/commits/branch/master
Surprisingly I found the protector is already translated to Russian, but on my server ( https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24888 ) I see English translation only ("Owner: XXX" and etc.) even if RU chosen and almost everything really translated. May language code doesn't pass to protector?
This is odd, will check and see what's up, it was working before...
Update: Seems that the .po files are no longer being used but the .txt one's are fine, will convert them across.
Update #2: Git updated with new .txt translation files which work ok :)
Thanks for fast fix, but I can't realize how to use it properly.
I updated protector. I have latest MineClone2 with Minetest 5.3.0 and I still see English messages.
I tried to remove *.po from protector/locale and restart minetest but it doesn't help.
@TenPlus1 I know you warned everyone about incompatibility but I still don't want to use /areas, they a bit difficult for kids because they couldn't be crafted :)
I'm exploring a little.
Created template.txt and protector.ru.tr like it uses in MineClone2 but no result.
Then I found that: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/blob/2bec83eec0dc2de2d6b8fb0b827e94807ed9b0b8/doc/lua_api.txt#L3204
I don't see local S = minetest.get_translator("protector") in protector, there is: local S = dofile(MP .. "/initlib.lua") instead.
local S = minetest.get_translator("protector")
local S = dofile(MP .. "/initlib.lua")
I tried to change it and voila.
I forked it to show what I did, hope it might be useful, 92ca9e2c33
I decided to finish the work as I started... So I made b858c2fb88
I am very new to Minetest and Lua, so maybe I wrong - very sorry for that... But if you find it's okay please pick up my commits. At least translation works with latest mineclone2/minetest with them.
It's hard to keep compatibility for 0.4.17 and 5.x but I've updated git so that translation defaults to minetest's own using .tr files and fallbacks to intllib if available with .po files.
Hopefully this should work ok with mineclone2 as well as default game.
Now it seems to work well.
Have no idea why you're keeping compatibility with 0.4.17 but of course you do a gorgeous work, thank you so much for your golden mod collection, I wish you a good luck!
Would you believe that 48% of servers still run 0.4.16/0.4.17, so until 5.x is the majority I'll support what I can for now :)
Well 52% is the majority and it should in my opinion picks up pretty quickly with 5.3.
It's up to server admins to keep their server software up to date.
Now I believe, it's because of Multicraft, the only client for iOS...